Especially, with a good novel, I really invest in the characters I'm reading about...going through their joys, their pains, their triumphs. I love it.
I'm currently obsessed with the Twilight series. Yes, they are vampire novels. But before you jump to radical conclusions about my social life, let me just say that I'm not one of the "those" people. You know, the sci-fi creepers that vicariously live through Star Trek. These were a first for me in the "fantasy" genre. They are incredibly addicting and very well written!! So I decided I needed to share my joys in these books to others, so that we could talk about them. But every single person I convinced to read them was dubious at first (to say the very least) but ended up after reading all of them, being more obsessed than me. All of this to say... if you haven't read them. Go get Twilight now and start. Hop on the bandwagon.
But enough on my current reading obsession. Let's move on before someone has me committed...
In view of my love of stories, I'm very happy to be a part of one of the biggest stories ever. The story of humanity. No, wait its bigger than mere humanity. It's the story of God and His Kingdom reigning... and I still can't believe He wants me to have a part in it at all. I'm always nervous I'm going to screw something up, and the world will spontaneously combust into flames (like my kitchen sometimes), but thankfully, I'm not that important. (Huge bite of humility pie just taken...) But God is. He lives in me, and will live through me...and help me, despite my impatience for an answer, or stubbornness to concede.
I think the Lord shares my passion for a great story, and I KNOW He cares about His characters (yep, that's you and me) more than I could ever comprehend. He's told me some things about the end of His story: He wins. And those who are with him do too. So, I guess there is such a thing as a "happy ever after..."
No comments:
Post a Comment
So, what do you think?