I met up with a friend at the shelter tonight (another volunteer that I have gotten to know over the past eight months), and I was so excited because I haven't seen her in several weeks.
I asked how she was doing, and she just started crying. She began to tell me what was happening, and let me just say: Her situation sucks. I mean, it really SUCKS.
And I know the people involved. And my heart is broken; I cried on my drive back home. It's hard to make sense of these things that don't make sense. It made me hate what is evil. It made me hate this fallen, sinful world and all of the deceit that encompasses sin to make seem so appealing.
But... on the bright side: Jesus is the Healer. He will heal these people. He will make good of what Satan intended for evil. He is mender, comforter, counselor, judge, lover, redeemer, cleanser, warrior, conqueror. This is what placed my heart at peace. He will prevail. Mightily. Umm, let me just let you in how cool He really is:
" Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His headwere many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."
That's what I'm talking about! My Jesus is a Warrior. He will fight for His people. And I love that... "The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent." I'm praying for the Lord to fight for my friends... for Bob's* addiction, for Mary's* heart, for their relationship...
"No matter where I stand, healing is in your hands... we know that, in all things, we are more than conquerors"
*Names have been changed for the sake of my beautiful friends
No comments:
Post a Comment
So, what do you think?